“I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z”
Turns out I was wrong about that silly 9/11 Truth thing! CNN’s got the whole story, check it out for yourself. Or if you’d rather not read it all, I’ll highlight the good parts:
Khalid Sheikh Mohammed has admitted responsibility for the 9/11 attacks and a catalog of other terrorist acts, according to an edited transcript of a tribunal at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba.
“I was responsible for the 9/11 operation, from A to Z,” Mohammed said Saturday through a U.S. military representative at the American base.
Mohammed takes responsibility for 29 operations, the transcript shows.
I get the feeling that the only source this story is using is an “edited transcript released by the Pentagon.” But it’s from the Pentagon, and they always tell the truth! Plus it was a closed and unconstitutional hearing at Guantanamo with no due and transparent process, now that’s the American Way!
“The three-member military panel hearings … were closed to the media and to the detainees’ lawyers because of fears the detainees might divulge classified information, according to Pentagon officials.”
Okay, so no lawyer representation and as a detainee he doesn’t get to see the evidence held against him — that’s ok, f–k the Bill of Rights, we’re in a time of war! I’m sure the military panel had the courtesy to speak in Arabic so he could actually understand them. And as we all know, the U.S. does not torture so he must have willingly admitted all of these things. Okay. Fine. Spoon feed it please, I’ll take it!
So now we know:
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed planted the explosives in all three WTC buildings weeks or months beforehand so they would all fall neatly in their footprint and at freefall speed instead of slowly falling apart and making a god-awful and chaotic mess.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed made sure Bush had the Bin Laden family safely flown out of the country following 9/11, even though the FAA grounded all flights.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed was the one who placed put-options on United and American airline stocks in the days leading up to the attacks.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told Larry Silverstein he should sign a 99-year lease for the WTC complex and take out a $3.5 billion insurance policy 7 weeks before 9/11.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed called military officials and other federal insiders and warned them not to fly on 9/11.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed succeeded in causing the first-ever collapse due to fire of a steel-framed high-rise building. Three in one day, even, and it hasn’t happened since!
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed helped Hani Hanjour improve his flying skills after learning he couldn’t even handle a Cessna. In the end he was able to complete a 270-degree turn in a Boeing 757 and crash right into the part of the Pentagon that happened to be under renovation.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed figured out how to get a 757 with a wingspan of over 120 ft. into a 16 foot hole in the Pentagon.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told Mr. Bush that he wasn’t a target in the attack so he didn’t have to run off and hide in a bunker when he first heard about it, he could just stay in the classroom and not worry about the safety of the children.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told the FAA, NORAD, and the Pentagon to ignore standard operating procedures and not interfere with the flight paths of the planes, even though any other day they’d have been intercepted within 10 minutes.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed made sure Flight 93 left no wreckage at all and only left a teeny tiny hole in the ground with no forensic evidence for the coroner to inspect.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed told officials that even though the WTC wreckage was crime scene evidence, it would be okay to sell it for scrap and not keep it around for investigation.
- Khalid Sheikh Mohammed had a vested interest in the success of the Project for a New American Century’s empirical military plans and wanted to make billions for Cheney and Halliburton and the entire military industrial complex.
Dang, this guy is GOOD!
2pm Update: This post is currently being featured on BuzzFeed, welcome BuzzFeeders!